Thursday 4 March 2010

3: The 1st Shoot


I've had my equipment for some time now. I've been doing some headshots over the few months whilst I had been working, this was my only practice. I say practice, I never got the chance as these were paying customers and I had no time. No Time, No Time...

The 1st test shoot took place in my living room. about 8ftx8ft the results were okay. See 'Funky' on the website : State Of Mind Photography

My next shoot was with a local fashion designer. I wanted to try more setups, but as usual I was trying to do too much. It ended with some images I am pleased with, considering this was only my 2nd time using the equipment in a proper environment and not in my living room, it was a lot of work but it paid off, yet I still want more, never satisfied, I don't think I ever will be & this is the driving force.

So the image shown is 1 of the results of the shoot. Great models, great MUA's and hair stylists really make the job easier, but organising all of these components is a real pain in the ass for me, maybe it will get easier, maybe people will be clambering all over to work with me.

We can but dream....

I had never heard of Model Mayhem so this is me introducing it to you, just in case you didn't know, without it I would never have got started and I'm pleased some people wanted to work with me. Be warned, they can be a flaky bunch.

My next shoot will hopefully be a beauty shoot. Im aiming to get various images to fill the portfolio, so have ideas ready and waiting and nodels and MUA's at the ready. I'm trying to build a reliable team, because this is important and I am finding people as flaky as I thought they would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment