Friday 5 March 2010

8: Studio Lighting Help

Look at me trying to give advice on studio lighting. Time will tell if I have a clue what I'm doing, but I am just going to share a few things that I know and some links.

What I do know is this. I don't feel I need to take any lessons, I think it can all be self taught, what you will need is equiment though, whether studio stuff or off camera speedlight setup. There is a wealth of information out there but the main thing you need to do is practice. I am against any courses because once you've done a course what are you going to do after that if you don't have equipment, nada. Different stokes for different folks though.

Here are some sites that will definetly get you going and will start that fire burning.

Strobist 101
Strobist Fickr
Studio Lighting Diargrams

There was another one I wanted to share but not at my main PC so will share it another time.

This will get you started, but like me it's just a case of practicing and practicing and trying things out. Imatate the masters until you become one yourself is my philosphy. Which is what I am attempting to do. So the months have been filled with deconstructing images, then trying them, then realising it's harder than I thought. Great. Why can't things be easy.

So. I hope this is enough to wet your appetite.

I've not gone through the strobist yet, but this is an amazing place for information.

No comments:

Post a Comment